The Maine Fire Service Institute offers training to fire department throughout the state of Maine at no charge using a cadre of nearly 100 contract instructors. MFSI Instructors come with a wealth of talents and abilities to provide professional quality training tailored to meet the needs of the local fire chief and training officer.
Code of Conduct
- Shall create a positive learning environment for all students.
- Shall encourage student critical thinking and expression to act independently in their pursuit of learning and varying points of view.
- Shall make reasonable effort to protect the student from physical conditions harmful to learning or health and safety.
- Shall not be under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol during any portion of a class.
- Shall treat all students with equal respect and provide equal opportunities
- Shall maintain with each student a right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Shall establish and maintain the student/instructor professional relationship.
- Shall not intentionally expose the student to embarrassment or disparagement.
- Shall promote an environment that is free of inappropriate racial, ethnic, religious, political, or sexual comments.
- Shall not use profane or abusive language.
- Shall do everything possible to impart knowledge relevant to student””s success.
- Shall teach the course to meet the course objectives and course goals set by Maine Fire Service Institute.
- Shall teach only a class or portions of class or curriculum for which they are qualified
- Shall adhere to all copyright laws.
- Shall use, at a minimum, the course materials identified by Maine Fire Service Institute as required for the course.
- Shall ensure the student/instructor ratio is maintained at all times.
- Shall report to Maine Fire Service Institute information about classes, curriculum, negative or harmful dynamics and/or instructors that do not meet the standards required by Maine Fire Service Institute.
- Shall not make false or malicious statements about Maine Fire Service Institute, SMCC or curriculums.
- Shall be honest and above reproach when presenting their instructional qualifications by giving only accurate information,
- Shall support the mission of Maine Fire Service Institute at all times and assume the responsibility of an ambassador.
Current List of County Representatives
To contact a County Representative, please call Maine Fire Service Institute at 207-844-2070 or email MFSIInfo@smccme.edu
- Don Flanagan, Androscoggin
- Rich Wark, Aroostook
- Ken Clark, Washington
- Vacant, Piscataquis & Somerset
- Kim Tracy, Penobscot
- John Churchill, Kennebec
- Steve Bunker, Franklin
- Chris Farley, Islands
- Phil Meunier, Knox & Waldo
- Ken Desmond, Sagadahoc & Lincoln
- Roger Green , York
- Mark Bosse, Oxford