Develop Your Path to Success and Recognition
- Fire Fighter I 2018 Maine State Fire Fighter Academy application period – Deadline to apply has passed.
- Please contact us if you have any questions . 207-844-2070
- Fire Fighter II 2018 MSFA FIREFIGHTER I-II v4 (pdf)
Fire Instructor I Fall 2017 Fire Instructor I & II Washington County – Deadline is October 30, 2017
- Fire Instructor II Fall 2017 Fire Instructor I & II Waterville Oct 4 - Deadline has passed to enroll
Fire Officer I 2018 Maine State Fire Officer Academy application period will open July 24, 2017. Deadline to apply is September 1, 2017
- Fire Officer II Click here for registration materials.
- Fire Officer III/IV Next academy will be offered in 2019
Specialty Fire Training Programs
- Basic Pump Operator
- Basic Fire School
- Hazardous Materials Operations
National Fire Academy Courses
- Incident Safety Officers
- Leadership Series I; II; III
- Preparations for Initial Company Operations
- Juvenile Firesetters Intervention I; II
- Preparation for Initial Company Operations
- Decision Making for Initial Company Company Operations
- Strategy and Tactics for Initial Company Operations
The 2017 Fall Schedule for Direct Delivery Course has been released. September 16 & 17, 2017 0800-1700 Saturday and Sunday.
For more information about NFA Courses, click here
Partnerships in Fire Training & Education
For more information about our partnerships and collaborations, please contact MFSI Director, Jim Graves at 207-844-2078 or email to JGraves@Smccme.edu
Texas A & M : Fire Officer III/IV - http://www.mfte.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017-TEEX-FOA-Bangor-EMCC.pdf
Course Overview: This course is delivered in ten (10) days and is designed to meet the needs of fire executive management. The Fire Officer III/ IV combination course satisfies the requirements of NFPA 1021 chapter 6 & 7 and provides the tools necessary to obtain certification through NPQS (Pro Board). The course is designed around classroom lectures and group interactive exercises to improve your abilities to manage a fire service organization. The course emphasizes Community/ Government relations, model planning, budgeting, human resources, trends and support organizations, and emergency service delivery. Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the written and skills test will be eligible to receive a National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) national certification.
Requesting a training course is easy and it’s free! click here For more information call 207-844-2070